Arts Council announce Next Generation bursary award
Posted: 14 June, 2017
The purpose of the Next Generation bursary award is to support a group of promising artists across all disciplines at an early but pivotal stage in their career.
Recipients will receive €15,000 and will also take part in a collective week-long residential programme in spring 2018. Joint applications and interdisciplinary applications are welcomed. The selection panel will comprise, a non-voting Council Chair, two Council members, and a number of external panellists.
This award is designed to support emerging artists to:
- Buy time to develop their work and practice
- Support unique development needs to advance their own practice (this might be through engagement with a mentor, research, non-formal study and/or non-vocational training, collaborative partnerships, etc.). Applicants must detail the development need that would most advance his or her career at this time.
It will prioritise those who;
- Demonstrate ambition and vision for their work
- Show potential to develop and strengthen a distinctive and assured creative practice
- Show how they will benefit artistically from timely support for their artistic development;
- Demonstrate in a compelling way how the award and financial investment of this level and at this particular time will have a transformative effect in bringing them to the next stage of their artistic development.
Closing date: Thursday 29th June, 5.30pm
Maximum awarded: €15,000
Applicant type: Individual Artist
How to download, complete and upload the application form 2016
How to download, complete and upload the application form to the Arts Council’s online services site using the open source software OpenOffice.