Arts and Disability Networking Galway
Arts and Disability Networking (ADN) Galway aims to increase local capacity in the area of arts and disability.
ADN offers training and support to personnel from venues and arts organisations as well as individual artists as a means of extending the scope of arts and disability practices, and promotes the presentation of high quality professional arts and disability work in local venues.
ADN Galway took place in 2011 and the main activities of the programme were:
- Disability Equality Training (DET): a full-day session delivered to 15 personnel from professional and community-based venues, galleries, theatres and other arts organisations
- Access audits: detailed audits of key venues in Galway city, including the Town Hall Theatre, the Black Box, Nuns Island and the Galway Arts Centre
- Blue Teapot Theatre Company: commission with writer Len Collin to develop a screenplay (dramaturgical support from Fishamble Theatre Company)
- Soundscape Music Project: DJ and VJ workshops with UK group Heart n Soul song-writing workshop with UK group Fish Police
- Club Tropicana nightclub at Black Box, including presentation of the output from the above-listed workshops
- Accessible performance: audio description and captioning at a performance of Sebastian Barry’s “The Pride of Parnell Street” (Fishamble) at the Town Hall Theatre.
ADN Galway involves a creative partnership between the Arts Council, Arts & Disability Ireland, Galway City and County Councils in association with the arts and disability sectors in Galway.
It was just WOW!
That’s life is an arts, leisure and personal development programme of Brothers of Charity Services, Galway.
Read more about That’s Life
Blue Teapot Theatre Company
Blue Teapot is a multi-award winning Theatre Company, Performing Arts School and Outreach programme for people with intellectual disabilities at the forefront of arts & disability in Ireland. Based in Galway, Blue Teapot are committed to high quality theatre, training and the celebration of creativity.