Visual Art: Portraits of Kind People by Angela Burchill, Cork
12 - 31 Oct 2017 (Past)
Portraits of Kind People, an exhibition of new work by Angela Burchill.
‘I am inspired by the people and places I see in my travels’.
Opening 12th October, 4pm, Quay Co-Op, Sullivan’s Quay, Cork.
Angela Burchill is from Bandon, Co. Cork and has been employed as an artist in residence at Mayfield Arts since 2008 as part of Cúig studio programme. Angela has embraced a range of subjects, developing a unique and vivid style.
She is prolific at drawing individual and group portraits, working primarily with pastel pencils on paper and treated wood. Angela is also especially inspired by religious iconography, producing distinct and delicate work, incorporating gold leaf into her pieces.
Residencies/ Projects/ Exhibitions:
- Creative Link, CIT O’Sullivan’s Quay, Cork 2015 – Group Show in collaboration with Cope Foundation
- Creative Mix, Gallerie Outsider Art, Amsterdam, 2014
- Boyle Arts Festival, Boyle Co. Roscommon, 2014
- Courthouse Arts Centre, Tinahealy, Co. Wicklow 2014
- Outside In; Art of Inclusion, Wandesford Quay Gallery, Cork, 2013
- Outside in; Art of Inclusion, St Peter & Paul’s Church, Cork, 2013 – Solo Show
- Side by Side, Southbank, London 2013
- English Market Gallery, Cork, 2013
- Impressions 2012, Print Exhibition, Galway Arts Centre, 2012
- Arts and Minds, Canberra Australia, 2012
- 5 Counties, HAI, New York, 2012
- Icons, L’Arche, Cork 2012 – Solo Show
- Art work Embassy, Art Trail, Cork 2011
- Other Voices, Paul Bardwell Gallery of Contemporary Art, Centro Colombo, Colombia, 2011
- Expect the Extraordinary, Kinsale Arts Week, 2011
- Sirus Gallery, Cobh 2011
- Intersection, The Jennings Gallery, UCC, 2010
- Crawford College of Art, Cork, 2009
Watch: Cúig artists featured on Imeall.
Cúig – ‘Creativity Unlimited an Integrated Group’, are five artists with intellectual disabilities employed as artists in residence at Mayfield Arts Centre