Theatre: Daughter of God at Granary Theatre, UCC – captioned performances and ISL interpreted post-show discussion
8 - 11 Mar 2023 (Past)
Acclaimed theatrical innovators Asylum Productions will collaborate with playwright & poet Roderick Ford to bring his unique vision to the stage this March at the Granary Theatre.
Leaning into magical realism, Daughter of God explores the autistic experience of life in a neurotypical world, and the struggle to exist in a society that does not fit.
Rich in playfulness and humour, this is a new work that encourages us all to look through the window from the inside out, and will intrigue and challenge in equal measure.
Tickets: €20, €10 concession, €5 students. Tickets booked via Eventbrite.
Duration: approx. 90 minutes with no interval
- Post-show discussions will take place on Wed 8th with director Donal Gallagher, and on Friday 10th with director Donal Gallagher and playwright Roderick Ford, following the performances(admission free with performance ticket, duration: 20-30 mins)
- Please note the Post Show Discussion on Friday 10th will be ISL interpreted.
- Please note audiences are advised to wear a face covering at the Saturday 11th performance to encourage access for all. Masks will be available upon arrival and will be free of charge.
- All performances will be captioned.
- There is no strobe lighting in the production.
Daughter of God is produced in association with Cork Opera House, UCC Department of Theatre/Granary Theatre and Once Off Productions, supported by Fishamble: The New Play Company and Arts & Disability Ireland.
Written by Roderick Ford
Directed by Donal Gallagher
Set and Costume Design: Medb Lambert
Lighting Design: Drew McCarthy
Sound Design: Cormac O’Connor
Cast: Megan Haly, Claire Loy, Michaela Murphy, Eleanor Walsh