Arts & Disability Ireland tender for accountancy services
Posted: 21 August, 2020
Arts & Disability Ireland (ADI) is the national development and resource organisation for arts and disability.
We champion the creativity of artists with disabilities, promote inclusive experiences for audiences with disabilities and work to enhance the disability-related capacity of arts organisations. We work in partnership with the arts sector, and encourage the disability sector to do the same.
ADI is funded by a range of public bodies, including the Arts Council, and also generates revenue by providing services to arts organisations.
ADI does not have a large number of financial transactions. However, we do undertake a wide and complex variety of projects, programmes and partnerships which run concurrently, which translates to a more elaborate financial infrastructure than some similar organisations.
ADI currently works under reporting standard FRS 102, but plan to transition to SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice, Accounting and Reporting by Charities) over the coming year.
ADI’s General Manager has a financial role which includes:
- Accounts payable and processing of invoices,
- Credit control and issuing of invoices,
- Input of sales and purchase invoices into the accounting package (SURF),
- Bank reconciliation within SURF,
- Online banking,
- Running payroll through SAGE and issuing quarterly returns to Revenue,
- Statutory returns to Companies Registration Office (CRO) (B1, B10s),
- Statutory returns to Charities Regulatory Authority (Annual Report, Audited Accounts),
- Preparation of annual Directors Report and Audit documents in liaison with the Accountant,
- Preparation of Financial Activities Report (FAR), Budgeted Activities Report (BAR) and Actual Activities Report (AAR) for the Arts Council.
ADI is currently seeking proposals from individuals or organisations with suitable qualifications and experience to work with its General Manager and Executive Director to deliver the following:
- Review monthly/quarterly postings in the SURF accounts package, making adjustments where required,
- Post quarterly journals (deferred income, accruals, payroll, depreciation etc) to SURF and prepare quarterly management accounts for circulation to the board,
- Attend board meetings and present financials to the board (4 Board Meetings and Annual General Meeting (AGM),
- Assist ADI team with budgeting and forecasting – for Management Accounts, Arts Council reporting and other funders’ requirements,
- With the General Manager, generate reports for the auditor and assist with audit queries,
- Assist ADI team with funding reports to the Arts Council and other funders (as per their templates and requirements).
The role would allow the successful candidate to work remotely, in conjunction with a number of in-house meetings with the team, when public health advice allows this to occur. Due to Covid-19, ADI foresees the continuance of its current remote working policy and as such, all interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Interested parties should return a detailed proposal with indicative costs to Pádraig Naughton, Executive Director, Arts & Disability Ireland by 11th September, 2020.
A contract will be awarded to the winning tender by Friday, 25th September, 2020.
The service provision will be subject to review in 12 months.